If you are interested in providing aviation relevant Editorials,
please contact us and let us know.
Below are the guidelines that need to be following for the
submission of Editorials to this site.
Writing a great Editorial
Your editorial should present your opinion on an issue. You
alone are the content contributor, and you alone will decide what
and how your content will work to express your idea. You should
leave a place for your contact info and a little background of
yourself. Your Editorial should help influence aviatiors opinions,
cause them to want to take action on your issue, and promote
critical thinking. Therefore, your Editorial is an educated
opinionated news story.
Editorials must have the following:
1. Introduction, body and conclusion.
2. Objective explanations of the issue you are covering, especially
those that are complex
3. An angle that will catch the readers attention.
4. Opinions that refute yours should be addressed.
5. Content should be delivered in a professional manner. Your
editorial should engage issues, not personalities, please refrain
from any, POLITICAL or RELIGIOUS topics that polarize along
6. Alternative solutions should be included using a pro-active
approach, try to make the situation better by using constructive
criticism and giving solutions.
7. Provide a complete and concise conclusion that will summarizes
the writer's opinion
Four Types of Editorials:
1. Explain or interpret
Writing an Editorial
1. Pick a topic you are interested in and are passionate
2. Collect information and facts; include objectives. Do research
3. State your opinion in a thesis statement
4. Explain the issue objectively.
5. Give opposing viewpoints. Dont forget quotations were
6. If rejecting the other side, develop your case using facts,
details, and figures.
8. Repeat phrases that reinforce your idea.
9. Give a realistic solution(s) to the problem.
10. Your conclusion should have a punch that restates your opening
remark/s (thesis statement).
11. Keep it 500-750 words
12. Never use "I"
Contact | About |
Advertise Here |
Site Map | Legal
Web site and all contents © Copyright
www.FirstnFlight.com 2008, All rights reserved.